Glass Skin Look
Glass skin look has become an iconic look for many people to achieve due to the influence of the Korean pop industry and social media. Glass skin is where you get the dewiest skin.
Korean beauty has started making its wave since 2011 and the popularity of the Korean beauty trend has since been rising constantly all around the world. As well as achieving a glass skin is one of the goals that many want to achieve worldwide. The word “glass skin” resembles a healthy-looking skin that has a soft and baby skin texture, in another way, the glass skin is when the skin is hydrated and gives off a glowy complexion.
Is It Difficult To Achieve A Glass Skin Look?
Glass skin requires a healthy balanced lifestyle and diet. The secret to achieving a glass skin look is simple that requires you to maintain, balance and keep the skin hydrated. We cannot achieve the result overnight, but with a healthy diet and proper skincare routine, results will show gradually.
Home remedies are available to achieve a dewy skin including:
Avocado: Mix and stir half of the avocado puree added with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 2 drops of honey, apply and spread it out on the face and leave the skin to absorb for 15 minutes then wash it off with cold water.
Olive Oil & Brown Sugar: Forming a paste with half a cup of brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of olive oil combined and mixed well, then apply and gently scrub the mixture into the skin for absorption in circular motion continuously for 10 minutes and proceed to rinse it off with cold water afterwards. Last but not least, moisturizing is the key so do not forget to apply moisturizer to lock up the nutrients that absorb into the skin.
Oatmeal & Honey: Mix it well and form a paste with a cup of oats, 1 tablespoon of honey and rose water each. Proceed to gently rub the paste into the skin and allow it to sit for 15 minutes then rinse it off with cold water and lock it up with moisturizer.
Aloe Vera & Honey: Mix up aloe vera with 2 drops of honey and apply it gently to the face and let it sit for 15 minutes. Rinse it off with water afterwards.
On the other hand, home remedies are not the only solution to achieve a glass looking skin. It can also be achieved by a good and constant skincare routine.
A step-by-step daily skincare routine includes:
1) Double Cleansing can benefit the skin by getting rid of impurities and traces of existing makeup that stays on the face. It involves cleansing the face with micellar water and a water-based cleanser for a deep cleanse.
2) Exfoliating helps with getting rid of the dead skin cells and promotes skin rejuvenation as it opens up the pores for a deep purification. However, it is advised to only exfoliate a minimum of twice per week to prevent any dry skin occuring.
3) Toner is an essential step for moisture restoration and gets rids of excess oil on the skin which allows the skin to look plump and hydrated.
4) Hydrating Serum is an important step after cleansing and toning to deeply hydrate the skin by applying a few drops.
5) Hydrating Essence benefits the skin by penetrating much deeper into the skin than what the usual skincare does.
6) Moisturizer helps to fight skin dryness and adds on glow to the skin. Adding the moisturizer after serum and essence helps to lock in the moisture and make the skin appear dewy.
7) Sheet Mask is beneficial to the skin, serving as a nourishing treat to seal off the skincare steps completely previously.
8) Sunscreen serves as a protection from the sun, known as ultraviolet (UV) rays which can cause damage or hyperpigmentation to the skin.
What Food Helps To Achieve A Glass Skin Look?
Foods such as fruits, vegetables and nuts are beneficial for the skin to look glowy and dewy. Leafy green vegetables, berries, kiwi fruit, grapes and nuts that are high in antioxidants help to raise the body’s immunity to fight against free radicals that benefit the skin from ageing.
What Are The Secret Tips To A Glass Skin Look?
Collagen is a skin’s essential that plays a big role. It is one of the proteins responsible to support the bones, maintain the skin and its complexion, muscles, hair growth and more. It prevents the skin from sagging, providing a plump and volumized look that gives structure and elasticity to the skin.
The body produces collagen naturally. However, the collagen production starts decreasing gradually with age and causes dehydration and thinning of the skin, leading the saggy skin, formation of fine lines or wrinkles that starts appearing as it loses its elasticity and firmness.
Another reason that causes the reduction in collagen production is due to the frequent exposure to the ultraviolet (UV) rays under the sun.
Achieving A Glass Skin Look With Aesthetic Treatments
Glass skin look can also be achieved by going through aesthetic treatments. They are treatments that combat signs of ageing, as well as rejuvenating and refreshing the skin without having to go through any surgery.
- Pico Laser is a non-ablative treatment that is dedicated to remove pigmentations like acne marks, and also to whiten the skin. The treatment targets specific areas of the skin by using short pulses of laser light that are safe and do not cause any damages to the surrounding tissue to remove any pigmentations including acne scars, melasma, freckles or age spots.
- HIFU (High Intensity Focused Ultrasound) is a non-invasive treatment producing ultrasound energy into layers of skin including superficial, deep dermis and SMAS layers for face and skin lifting effect. It stimulates collagen production to the skin and promotes smoother and firmer skin from the loss of elastin to improve the appearance of saggy skin.
- Fractional CO2 is a non-invasive laser treatment that is responsible for getting rid of depressed acne scars and uneven skin tone by eliminating the outermost layer of the damaged skin surface for natural skin repair and achieving a smoother and softer skin.
The following treatment helps to break down the old collagen in the skin that reduces scars, as well as tightening up the pores and fine lines or wrinkles reduction by stimulating new collagen production to improve the texture and overall appearance of the skin.
- Sylfirm X is a dual-wave radiofrequency microneedling treatment that addresses skin issues including pigmentation, acne scarring, wrinkles, redness, large pores and dull looking skin. It stimulates collagen production and skin regeneration by penetrating the most outer surface layer of the skin, activating the skin’s natural healing process.
- Profhilo is an injectable treatment that promotes skin rejuvenation and face lifting effect using hyaluronic acid. The injectable treatment allows 4 types of bio stimulation of collagen and elastin that boost the overall skin hydration, quality and radiance. Including repairing tissue for damaged skin or acne scars.
In conclusion, achieving a glass skin look isn’t as hard as it sounds as long as the daily lifestyle and diet are well taken care of. Most importantly, daily skincare routine is an essential to achieving the glass skin appearance.